PRINCIPLES AND GUIDELINES FOR PROJECT FUNDING
The purpose of funding granted by Greater Shepparton Foundation is to support place-based projects that address an immediate or unmet need which, importantly, aligns with the Foundation’s vision of ‘No-one living in disadvantage in Greater Shepparton’.
Greater Shepparton Foundation will only fund projects where the services are delivered in Greater Shepparton and surrounds and/or directly benefit those who live in Greater Shepparton and surrounds.
Organisations which meet the criteria outlined below are encouraged to contact Greater Shepparton Foundation to discuss their project or organisation’s needs.
Key areas where support will be considered include:
Parenting and Early Learning Education
General Community and Welfare Services
Youth & Child Development Programs
Crisis Support for Families and Children
Projects addressing Discrimination and Social Inclusion
Programs for vulnerable elderly groups
Consideration of project funding will take into account:
- Evidence of need (immediate or otherwise)
- Past, present and future demand for services
- The degree of overlap and collaboration with other services
- The ability of the organisation to successfully deliver a project
- The ability of the organisation to collect data and fulfill reporting conditions
- Transparency of financial reporting
- The amount of funding available for distribution
Types of activities that will NOT be funded:
- Projects which do not have the purpose of relieving or reducing poverty or distress of people in need
- Projects outside the Greater Shepparton community
- For profit projects
*All funding will be at the discretion of Greater Shepparton Foundation Board of Management.
If you would like to discuss your project or organisation’s needs with Greater Shepparton Foundation, please contact CEO, Cheryl Hammer, at email@example.com or call M: 0410 561 934 between 10 am and 4 pm Monday to Thursday.
PROCESS FOR APPLYING FOR PROJECT FUNDING
To apply for a project grant an organisation must:
- Comply with the eligibility criteria set out above
- Complete a Project Funding Application Form, available during each grant round
For more information regarding the application process please contact Greater Shepparton Foundation –
by email firstname.lastname@example.org OR by phone 0410 561 934 Monday to Thursday
A Funding Agreement will be entered into for each approved project. The document outlines the funding conditions and partnership roles and responsibilities between Greater Shepparton Foundation and the organisation.
Sign off of the funding agreement indicates agreement with the mutual obligations as set out below:
Funding and Service Provision
The agreement details approved funding, payment schedule and acquittal requirements for the specific purpose and project detailed in the application. All funds must be expended on the specific purpose and during the specified acquittal period as per the budget submitted in the funding application. Any variation needs to be submitted in writing to the CEO and approved by Greater Shepparton Foundation.
Evaluation and Acquittal
Funded organisations are required to submit an Evaluation and Acquittal Report by the due date and include appropriate documentary evidence of:
- Service provision/project delivery
- Client and/or community outcomes
- Records of expenditure
- Additional supporting documentation as appropriate for the project
Marketing and Branding
As per the funding agreement, organisations are urged to:
- Include Greater Shepparton Foundation logo and approved wording on any relevant promotional material.
- Display any signage provided by Greater Shepparton Foundation.
- Acknowledge Greater Shepparton Foundation as a funding partner via media releases, annual report, website and public occasions, where appropriate.
- Provide suitable “copy” or content for inclusion in Greater Shepparton Foundation promotional material, print and electronic media, where appropriate.
- Inform and invite Greater Shepparton Foundation to events, where appropriate.
- Inform Greater Shepparton Foundation prior to events, seeking in-kind assistance, fundraising or sponsorship support to avoid any conflict with Greater Shepparton Foundation events and fundraising.
Visiting and Other Support
Successful organisations are encouraged to promote their partnership with Greater Shepparton Foundation. This will assist Greater Shepparton Foundation to build on its number of potential funders and supporters, which in turn means more grant funds for local community groups/organisations.
Representatives of Greater Shepparton Foundation will contact or visit each project at least annually to provide a mutual opportunity for relationship building, promotion and to increase Board member knowledge of funded projects and programs.
Greater Shepparton Foundation acknowledges it operates on the lands of the Yorta Yorta and Bangerang peoples. We thank the traditional owners for the opportunity to serve the community on their country. We honor and pay our respect to Elders and leaders, past, present and emerging. Through meaningful and genuine relationship, we will endeavor to put First Nations’ People first. We respectfully use the term “First Nations’ People” to honour all First Nations’ People who benefit from our activities and live on the Yorta Yorta and Bangerang.
PO Box 848
Shepparton, Vic, 3632
0410 561 934